The Covenant Network of Presbyterians is undertaking a new effort in partnership with congregations and councils around the country to speak a hopeful and helpful word into anxious times for church and society. Covenant Conversations will help Presbyterians live into a new day in the church’s life, bringing communities together to talk about being church for ALL God’s people.
Our first Covenant Conversation is next month in Boise, Idaho, in partnership with the Presbytery of Boise. We’ll start Friday evening, November 2, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. We’ll continue Saturday, 9:00 a.m. through lunch at 12:30, to which you are invited. (Boise Presbytery’s regular meeting will start at 11 a.m.) If you are anywhere nearby, and especially if you’re in Boise Presbytery, we’d love to have you there.
Admission is free! But please let us know you’re coming by completing this simple form.
The deadline for requesting child care or help finding housing with local residents has passed, but if this precludes your participation, contact executive director Brian Ellison and we’ll see what we can do.
Here are the details:
First Presbyterian Church
950 W. State St.
Boise, ID 83702
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, November 2
6:30 Registration opens
7:00 Opening Worship
7:45 Keynote: “Covenant Conversations in a Time of Brokenness”
Saturday, November 3
8:30 Registration opens
9:00 Welcome and opening prayer
9:15 Workshop #1 (See options below)
10:10 Workshop #2 (See options below)
11:00 (Boise Presbytery formally begins)
Discussion/Reflection for those not participating in presbytery
12:30 Lunch with Boise Presbytery (done by 1:30 p.m.) (Time updated.)
- Inclusive & Welcoming Liturgies – Marci Glass
- Worship language that embraces all God’s people
- Religious Freedom – Brian Ellison & Chad Herring
- An in-depth look at one of today’s hottest public policy issues
- LGBTQIA 101 – Patti Snyder
- The basics of welcoming, affirming and creating safe space in your church for people of diverse orientations and identities
- Talking about sexuality and gender issues with children, youth and families – Susan Thornton
- Leading Change – Marci Glass
- Congregational transformation in an evolving church environment
For more information, contact: