November 8-10, 2017, Baltimore, Maryland
The Church is the place where our humanity—our creation in the image of God—is a reason for celebration. But the Church’s past and present, as well as our nation’s civic life, are filled with barriers, trauma, rules concrete or unspoken, that have had the effect of denying and obscuring God’s image in one another and leaving people on the outside starving or on the inside hurting.
This conference will illuminate and confront the ongoing exclusion encountered by LGBTQ people, people of color and others in the life of church and society. It will name the privilege in our midst and seek to harness it as a force to seek justice and practice radical hospitality. And it will seek to “make manifest Christ’s work of reconciliation” among believers, in congregations and councils and in all the world.
Registration will begin soon! To receive an email from us when registration is open and more details are available, give us your info below:
Here’s what we know so far:
We’ll start with several pre-conference options on Wednesday afternoon, November 8, and Thursday morning, November 9. These will be dynamic, vibrant events including anti-racism training with nationally renowned trainers and an immersive look at ministries seeking justice and reconciliation in urban Baltimore.
The conference “proper” will be held at First & Franklin Presbyterian Church in Baltimore, beginning around 2:00 p.m. Thursday, November 9, and ending with a major keynote speaker or worship service Friday evening, November 10, after dinner. Those visiting from out of town will want to plan to depart on Saturday morning (or spend the weekend visiting Baltimore!).
More details, including keynote speakers, preachers, Bible study leaders and opportunities to connect before, during and after the conference will be announced soon. We expect registration to open in April.
We are getting a special conference rate at the Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown, which is in easy walking distance of the church. To book at the conference rate (which is available Tuesday through Sunday the week of the conference):
- Click on this link, and you will be directed to the Hotel Indigo Baltimore website.
- Adjust the booking dates as needed (by clicking on the “Change Search” button).
- Follow the instructions to see the room types displayed. The conference rate for a king or two-queen room is $145/night. This rate includes free wi-fi and all standard room amenities.
- Continue through the reservation process, and use a credit card to guarantee.
- Guests can also call 410-625-6200, ask for reservations, and reference the Covenant Network of Presbyterians or group booking code CHU.
Feel free to contact Brian Ellison, executive director, with questions any time at [email protected].