The Covenant Network encourages churches engaged in a pastor search to make full use of the PCUSA’s Church Leadership Connection and of their presbytery’s Executive Presbyter, Stated Clerk, and Committee on Ministry.
The following congregations that share Covenant Network’s vision of the church have openings on their pastoral staffs. Their Pastor Nominating Committees are particularly interested in considering candidates with a faithfully inclusive understanding of the church’s ministry and mission. Recommendations and self-referrals may be addressed to the PNC Chair.
Note to pastors: If you would also like to be part of our confidential file of pastors who have affirmed the Call to Covenant Community and are seeking or open to a new call, please contact Executive Director Brian Ellison.
Lafayette Avenue Presbyterian Church
Lafayette Avenue Presbyterian Church (LAPC), a multi-racial, multi-cultural church located in vibrant Fort Greene, Brooklyn, seeks a dynamic, spiritually mature Solo Pastor to lead its congregation of over 200 members. The successful candidate will inspire us to apply Jesus’ teachings to a rapidly evolving community and help usher in a new phase of growth for this historic church. We hope to attract a pastor who embraces LAPC’s deep commitment to social justice, Christian education, and a rich music ministry rooted in faith. The church wants a leader who can help to increase active participation among our members and grow the number of families in our congregation, while also strengthening our financial base.
LAPC celebrates and welcomes all people, regardless of race, ethnic or national origin, religious background, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Website: http://www.lapcbrooklyn.org and http://www.lapcbrooklyn.org/#!pastor-search/c1xk5
Information posted 8/24/16.
Mount Auburn Presbyterian Church
Pastor/Head of Staff
Mt. Auburn Presbyterian Church is searching for a solo pastor/head of staff to lead our committed progressive congregation. A longtime advocate for full inclusion in our denomination, Mt. Auburn would like a Teaching Elder who is able, with our lay leadership, to guide us on our spiritual path and purpose. Interested candidates may apply online through the PCUSA website.
Information posted 5/4/16.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church
Director of Christian Education for Children and Youth
Immanuel Presbyterian Church in McLean, VA is seeking a full-time director of Christian education for children and youth. The DCE will work with children and youth and their families, recruit and train volunteers and coordinate curriculum. View the job description and learn more about our church at IPCMcLean.org.
Information posted 5/20/15.
To add your church’s Church Information Form to this list, please contact Tricia Dykers Koenig.
- The Rev. Ken Henry, previously Pastor of Stone Church of Willow Glen, San Jose, CA, began serving Westminster Presbyterian Church in Charlottesville, VA, in August, 2016.
- Immanuel Presbyterian Church of McLean, VA, called the Rev. Katie Strednak Singer, formerly at Franklin (KY) Presbyterian Church, as Associate Pastor in July, 2016.
- The new Pastor of the Presbyterian – New England Congregational Church of Saratoga Springs, NY, is the Rev. Kate Forer, who began her ministry with the congregation in April 2016.
- Rocky Supinger, who had been serving Claremont (CA) Presbyterian Church, has been called by Fourth Presbyterian Church, Chicago, as Associate Pastor for Youth Ministry, beginning February 1, 2016.
- Faith Presbyterian Church, Austin, TX, has called its Transitional Pastor, Kyle Walker, as installed Pastor.