The Covenant Network encourages churches engaged in a pastor search to make full use of the PCUSA’s Church Leadership Connection and of their presbytery’s Executive Presbyter, Stated Clerk, and Committee on Ministry.
The following congregations that share Covenant Network’s vision of the church have openings on their pastoral staffs. Their Pastor Nominating Committees are particularly interested in considering candidates with a faithfully inclusive understanding of the church’s ministry and mission. Recommendations and self-referrals may be addressed to the PNC Chair.
Note to pastors: If you would also like to be part of our confidential file of pastors who have affirmed the Call to Covenant Community and are seeking or open to a new call, please contact Executive Director Brian Ellison.
Fourth Presbyterian Church
Associate Pastor for Youth Ministry
Fourth Presbyterian Church is seeking an Associate Pastor who will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing ministry programs that focus on the spiritual care and faith exploration for youth in grades 6-12; these programs support Fourth Church’s mission of being a welcoming and inclusive Christian community in which youth are accepted, known and loved for who they are. This includes, but is not limited to, worship, religious education, fellowship, mission, and programs that strengthen the relationships of youth, and by extension their families, to God and the Fourth Church Community and provides a foundation for continuing spiritual growth for youth as young adults and beyond.
MIF #: 01580.AO0
Information posted 5/23/15.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church
Immanuel Presbyterian Church in McLean, VA is seeking a full-time associate pastor. The AP will provide leadership to increase membership, integrate members and prospective members into the ministry of Immanuel, coordinate adult education opportunities, and support our international and local missions. The AP will be a generalist and have opportunities to grow in that role by preaching, serving, and participating in the life of the church.
Email PIFs/Resumes to [email protected].
Director of Christian Education for Children and Youth
Immanuel Presbyterian Church in McLean, VA is seeking a full-time director of Christian education for children and youth. The DCE will work with children and youth and their families, recruit and train volunteers and coordinate curriculum. View the job description and learn more about our church at IPCMcLean.org.
Information posted 5/20/15.
Fairmount Presbyterian Church
Cleveland Heights, OH
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Fairmount Presbyterian Church is searching for a full-time Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries. The person who fills this position, responsible for developing, leading, implementing, and administering Fairmount’s ministry with our youth (4-12th grades) and young adults, will be joining a dynamic staff and community in the midst of a city undergoing some wonderful transformation.
This position offers a generous compensation package and a great environment to serve in ministry.
Information posted 4/24/15.
Presbyterian – New England Congregation Church
Saratoga Springs, NY
Activist church in college/tourist town seeks senior pastor to grow with us in spirit as well as service. PCUSA/UCC federation. Church declarations include: More Light; Open and Affirming; Peace and Justice; Global Mission.
Search Committee Chair: Susan O’Donnell [email protected].
Position posted on PCUSA Church Leadership Connection and UCC Ministry Opportunities.
Information posted 4/16/15.
Idlewild Presbyterian Church
Associate Pastor for Christian Formation
Idlewild Presbyterian Church is a community in which “all who enter find a home.” This statement concludes the vision that our session adopted four years ago, and we are looking for an Associate Pastor for Christian Formation who will work with three other clergy and a larger leadership team to continue living into that vision, which is found in its entirety on our website. Idlewild is a progressive urban church of 1500 members with a rather diverse theological/political congregation, but united in our mission to a vibrant but very needy city. The primary focus for this pastor will be to continue to build on a strong adult ministries program which was developed by our previous associate in this area and who will be retiring in April, but the pastor will also supervise the youth and children’s directors. Thus, a Christian Education background is desirable, along with teaching, administration, and (though preaching will be limited), preaching gifts. We value (highly!) collegial relationships, teamwork, and social justice and inter-faith ministries, as well as an ability to laugh at ourselves as we live into the adaptive challenges that face our church and society.
Idlewild hosted the Covenant Network Conference in 2005, and this past November hosted a regional Covenant Conference.
MIF #: 20497.AH0
Information posted 3/10/15.
To add your church’s Church Information Form to this list, please contact Tricia Dykers Koenig.
- Faith Presbyterian Church, Austin, TX, has called its Transitional Pastor, Kyle Walker, as installed Pastor.
- Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church in Denver has called Clover Beal as Lead Pastor for Congregational Life, beginning in September 2015. Clover has been serving as Associate Pastor of Forest Hill Church, Presbyterian, in Cleveland Heights, OH.
- Beginning in March 2015, the Pastor of St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church in Tucson is Bart Smith, who comes from Raleigh Court Presbyterian Church in Roanoke, VA.
- Riviera Presbyterian Church in Miami, FL, has called Martha (Missy) Shiverick as Pastor. Missy has served in a variety of ministries in the Presbytery of the Western Reserve.
- Southminster Presbyterian Church in Beaverton, OR, has called John Shuck as Pastor, beginning in January 2015. John comes from First Presbyterian Church of Elizabethton, TN.
- The Director of Spiritual Formation at Fairmount Presbyterian Church in Cleveland Heights, OH, is Amy Kim Kyremes-Parks, who comes from Wasatch Presbyterian Church in Salt Lake City. Amy Kim began her ministry at Fairmount in December 2014.
- Ruling Elder Tony De La Rosa is the Interim Leader of Newport Presbyterian Church in Bellevue, WA. He was most recently Interim Executive Presbyter of the Presbytery of New York City.