The Covenant Network encourages churches engaged in a pastor search to make full use of the PCUSA’s Church Leadership Connection and of their presbytery’s Executive Presbyter, Stated Clerk, and Committee on Ministry.
The following congregations that share Covenant Network’s vision of the church have openings on their pastoral staffs. Their Pastor Nominating Committees are particularly interested in considering candidates with a faithfully inclusive understanding of the church’s ministry and mission. Recommendations and self-referrals may be addressed to the PNC Chair.
Note to pastors: If you would also like to be part of our confidential file of pastors who have affirmed the Call to Covenant Community and are seeking or open to a new call, please contact Executive Director Brian Ellison.
Faith Presbyterian Church
Can YOU Walk on Water? (Just sometimes not all the time.)
If you are a strong leader with progressive values who embodies compassion, diversity, equality, and social justice for all, then look no further. Faith Presbyterian Church, an inclusive, inquiring and imperfect congregation, seeks a full-time, solo pastor, one that embraces all walks of life in the spirit of unity and service. Leadership competencies we are seeking include compassion, preaching and worship experience, spiritual maturity, decision-making, strategic visionary, collaborator, interpersonal engagement, initiative and flexibility. Our community reflects the notion that human beings are authentic vessels of God’s spirit; we are a congregation that is ready for challenges and willing to move out of our comfort zone as we connect with our de-churched community. Our new pastor will foster spiritual growth, build consensus, enhance intergenerational relations and propel us to new heights of serving God within our community. Salary is $50k annually to include a housing allowance. We have a membership of 150 congregants with an average of 60 on any given Sunday. A sense of humor is a definite must. We will also provide you with the world’s best team, a cool city to live in and an eclectic flock.
MIF #: 21670AAO
Information posted 10/29/14.
Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church
Unique Pastoral Position
Vibrant, urban congregation that successfully combines traditional worship services with open-minded, welcoming theology seeks Pastor of Congregational Life. The position is part of a collaborative Executive Leadership Team, including the Pastor of Congregational Life, Pastor of Spiritual Life, and Executive Director of Church Administration. This “distributed leadership” approach reflects the congregation’s commitment to explore ways in which we can live the Christian life in a non-hierarchical, respectful community.
Applicant must have 5+ years of pastoral experience, excellent preaching skills, willingness to work in a collegial model, listening skills, energy, passion, and ability to establish personal connections with congregational members both individually and in groups. Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church has 1500 well-educated members with a diversity of perspectives. Our vibrancy and strong membership is based upon the previous and current pastoral leadership; an excellent music program; robust educational programs for children, youth, and adults; as well as mission and social justice programs that span local, national, and international focus.
Visit http://www.montview.org/PastorOfCongregationalLife or call 720-295-4415.
MIF #: 01212.AG0
Information posted 10/7/14.
Riviera Presbyterian Church
Riviera Presbyterian Church is a spiritual community engaged in joyful worship, transforming education, and active service reflecting the path of Christ. All we do flows out of our identity as children of God in Christ. We are drawn together in worship and praise. We interpret the Bible in a relevant, contemporary way remaining progressive in spirit and anchored in Christ’s teachings. We understand that inclusivity and active service to others are appropriate responses to Christ’s teachings. We use our people, building and money wisely to make a significant impact in our community. We enjoy our life together and celebrate with friendship, fun and food. We honor our heritage, applying its lessons creatively in present circumstances as we move toward an open future.
Information posted 7/28/14.
Providence Presbyterian Church
Providence Presbyterian Church is a diverse, multi-cultural church of 130 members in Providence, RI. We believe that the Church is called to reflect the kingdom of God which embraces all believers. We invite, accept and welcome into our membership and leadership people who differ by age, race, ethnic background, sexual orientation, family status, economic situation and theological viewpoint. This diverse group energetically and cooperatively participates in the life of this congregation, its mission and leadership. Worship is central to our lives and is motivating for everything we do. We seek to serve Jesus Christ through outreach and mission projects, so that we can be a congregation in service as well as in worship.
View our MIF: 10939.AEO.
Information posted 6/12/14.
St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church
St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church is a welcoming, inclusive congregation of 200 members in Tucson, Arizona. We are called by Jesus Christ to be a joyful faith community that celebrates God’s love, transforms lives and is a force for justice in the world. St. Mark’s has been a More Light church for the past seven years and we are dedicated to the full inclusion of LGBTQA people in the life of the church. Our congregation has a rich history of social justice work; over the years we have been involved with advocacy on the issues of migrant rights, full day kindergarten, poverty, racial equality, and more. We hope our new pastor will guide us as we serve the people around us, build community as a church, and seek a deeper spiritual life together.
Send your PIF or resume to [email protected]. MIF #00069.
Information posted 1/28/14.
To add your church’s Church Information Form to this list, please contact Tricia Dykers Koenig.
- Southminster Presbyterian Church in Beaverton, OR, has called John Shuck as Pastor, beginning in January 2015. John comes from First Presbyterian Church of Elizabethton, TN.
- The Director of Spiritual Formation at Fairmount Presbyterian Church in Cleveland Heights, OH, is Amy Kim Kyremes-Parks, who comes from Wasatch Presbyterian Church in Salt Lake City. Amy Kim begins her ministry at Fairmount in December 2014.
- Ruling Elder Tony De La Rosa is the Interim Leader of Newport Presbyterian Church in Bellevue, WA. He was most recently Interim Executive Presbyter of the Presbytery of New York City.
- Richard L. Baker, Jr. has been called as Pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Dayton, OH, beginning in August 2014. He was most recently Theologian-in-Residence and Senior Associate Pastor for Spiritual Life at Second Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis, IN.
- The Presbyterian Church in Geneva, NY, has called Transitional Pastor Deborah Lind-Schmitz to be the installed Pastor.
- Jennifer Suydam joined the staff of Collegiate Presbyterian Church in Ames, IA, in July 2014 as the Campus Minister.
- Joel C. Strom, ordained in June 2014, is serving as Associate Pastor for Youth at Towson Presbyterian Church.
- David Rice began service as Pastor of First Presbyterian Church, Wooster, OH, in June 2014. He was formerly in Anniston, AL.
- The new Pastor of the Church of the Covenant in Cleveland, OH, is Amy Starr Redwine. She was most recently Associate Pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Akron.
- Knox Presbyterian Church in Cincinnati has called Adam Fronczek as Pastor, beginning July 2014. He has served Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago as Associate Pastor.
- The new Pastor of Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago is Shannon Johnson Kershner, beginning May 1, 2014. She comes from Black Mountain (NC) Presbyterian Church.
- First United Presbyterian Church in Troy, NY, has called the Reverend Gusti Linnea Newquist as Pastor, beginning in February 2014.
- Central Presbyterian Church in Atlanta has called the Rev. Michelle Mikyung Hwang to the position of Associate Pastor for Christian Education and Spiritual Formation, beginning in February 2014.
- Montclair Presbyterian Church in Oakland, CA has called the Rev. Ben Daniel as Pastor, beginning in March 2014. His previous pastorate was at Foothill Presbyterian Church in San Jose.
- Beginning in January 2014, the Pastor of St. Mark Presbyterian Church, Newport Beach, CA, is the Rev. D. Mark Davis. He comes from Heartland Presbyterian Church in Clive, IA.