The Covenant Network encourages churches engaged in a pastor search to make full use of the PCUSA’s Church Leadership Connection and of their presbytery’s Executive Presbyter, Stated Clerk, and Committee on Ministry.
The following congregations that share Covenant Network’s vision of the church have openings on their pastoral staffs. Their Pastor Nominating Committees are particularly interested in considering candidates with a faithfully inclusive understanding of the church’s ministry and mission. Recommendations and self-referrals may be addressed to the PNC Chair.
Note to pastors: If you would also like to be part of our confidential file of pastors who have affirmed the Call to Covenant Community and are seeking or open to a new call, please contact Executive Director Brian Ellison.
Idlewild Presbyterian Church
Associate Pastor for Christian Formation
Idlewild Presbyterian Church is a community in which “all who enter find a home.” This statement concludes the vision that our session adopted four years ago, and we are looking for an Associate Pastor for Christian Formation who will work with three other clergy and a larger leadership team to continue living into that vision, which is found in its entirety on our website. Idlewild is a progressive urban church of 1500 members with a rather diverse theological/political congregation, but united in our mission to a vibrant but very needy city. The primary focus for this pastor will be to continue to build on a strong adult ministries program which was developed by our previous associate in this area and who will be retiring in April, but the pastor will also supervise the youth and children’s directors. Thus, a Christian Education background is desirable, along with teaching, administration, and (though preaching will be limited), preaching gifts. We value (highly!) collegial relationships, teamwork, and social justice and inter-faith ministries, as well as an ability to laugh at ourselves as we live into the adaptive challenges that face our church and society.
Idlewild hosted the Covenant Network Conference in 2005, and this past November hosted a regional Covenant Conference.
MIF #: 20497.AH0
Information posted 3/10/15.
Faith Presbyterian Church
Can YOU Walk on Water? (Just sometimes not all the time.)
If you are a strong leader with progressive values who embodies compassion, diversity, equality, and social justice for all, then look no further. Faith Presbyterian Church, an inclusive, inquiring and imperfect congregation, seeks a full-time, solo pastor, one that embraces all walks of life in the spirit of unity and service. Leadership competencies we are seeking include compassion, preaching and worship experience, spiritual maturity, decision-making, strategic visionary, collaborator, interpersonal engagement, initiative and flexibility. Our community reflects the notion that human beings are authentic vessels of God’s spirit; we are a congregation that is ready for challenges and willing to move out of our comfort zone as we connect with our de-churched community. Our new pastor will foster spiritual growth, build consensus, enhance intergenerational relations and propel us to new heights of serving God within our community. Salary is $50k annually to include a housing allowance. We have a membership of 150 congregants with an average of 60 on any given Sunday. A sense of humor is a definite must. We will also provide you with the world’s best team, a cool city to live in and an eclectic flock.
MIF #: 21670AAO
Information posted 10/29/14.
Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church
Unique Pastoral Position
Vibrant, urban congregation that successfully combines traditional worship services with open-minded, welcoming theology seeks Pastor of Congregational Life. The position is part of a collaborative Executive Leadership Team, including the Pastor of Congregational Life, Pastor of Spiritual Life, and Executive Director of Church Administration. This “distributed leadership” approach reflects the congregation’s commitment to explore ways in which we can live the Christian life in a non-hierarchical, respectful community.
Applicant must have 5+ years of pastoral experience, excellent preaching skills, willingness to work in a collegial model, listening skills, energy, passion, and ability to establish personal connections with congregational members both individually and in groups. Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church has 1500 well-educated members with a diversity of perspectives. Our vibrancy and strong membership is based upon the previous and current pastoral leadership; an excellent music program; robust educational programs for children, youth, and adults; as well as mission and social justice programs that span local, national, and international focus.
Visit http://www.montview.org/PastorOfCongregationalLife or call 720-295-4415.
MIF #: 01212.AG0
Information posted 10/7/14.
Providence Presbyterian Church
Providence Presbyterian Church is a diverse, multi-cultural church of 130 members in Providence, RI. We believe that the Church is called to reflect the kingdom of God which embraces all believers. We invite, accept and welcome into our membership and leadership people who differ by age, race, ethnic background, sexual orientation, family status, economic situation and theological viewpoint. This diverse group energetically and cooperatively participates in the life of this congregation, its mission and leadership. Worship is central to our lives and is motivating for everything we do. We seek to serve Jesus Christ through outreach and mission projects, so that we can be a congregation in service as well as in worship.
View our MIF: 10939.AEO.
Information posted 6/12/14.
To add your church’s Church Information Form to this list, please contact Tricia Dykers Koenig.
- Beginning in March 2015, the Pastor of St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church in Tucson is Bart Smith, who comes from Raleigh Court Presbyterian Church in Roanoke, VA.
- Riviera Presbyterian Church in Miami, FL, has called Martha (Missy) Shiverick as Pastor. Missy has served in a variety of ministries in the Presbytery of the Western Reserve.
- Southminster Presbyterian Church in Beaverton, OR, has called John Shuck as Pastor, beginning in January 2015. John comes from First Presbyterian Church of Elizabethton, TN.
- The Director of Spiritual Formation at Fairmount Presbyterian Church in Cleveland Heights, OH, is Amy Kim Kyremes-Parks, who comes from Wasatch Presbyterian Church in Salt Lake City. Amy Kim begins her ministry at Fairmount in December 2014.
- Ruling Elder Tony De La Rosa is the Interim Leader of Newport Presbyterian Church in Bellevue, WA. He was most recently Interim Executive Presbyter of the Presbytery of New York City.
- Richard L. Baker, Jr. has been called as Pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Dayton, OH, beginning in August 2014. He was most recently Theologian-in-Residence and Senior Associate Pastor for Spiritual Life at Second Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis, IN.
- The Presbyterian Church in Geneva, NY, has called Transitional Pastor Deborah Lind-Schmitz to be the installed Pastor.
- Jennifer Suydam joined the staff of Collegiate Presbyterian Church in Ames, IA, in July 2014 as the Campus Minister.
- Joel C. Strom, ordained in June 2014, is serving as Associate Pastor for Youth at Towson Presbyterian Church.
- David Rice began service as Pastor of First Presbyterian Church, Wooster, OH, in June 2014. He was formerly in Anniston, AL.
- The new Pastor of the Church of the Covenant in Cleveland, OH, is Amy Starr Redwine. She was most recently Associate Pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Akron.
- Knox Presbyterian Church in Cincinnati has called Adam Fronczek as Pastor, beginning July 2014. He has served Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago as Associate Pastor.
- The new Pastor of Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago is Shannon Johnson Kershner, beginning May 1, 2014. She comes from Black Mountain (NC) Presbyterian Church.