The Covenant Network encourages churches engaged in a pastor search to make full use of the PCUSA’s Church Leadership Connection and of their presbytery’s Executive Presbyter, Stated Clerk, and Committee on Ministry.
The following congregations that share Covenant Network’s vision of the church have openings on their pastoral staffs. Their Pastor Nominating Committees are particularly interested in considering candidates with a faithfully inclusive understanding of the church’s ministry and mission. Recommendations and self-referrals may be addressed to the PNC Chair.
Note to pastors: If you would also like to be part of our confidential file of pastors who have affirmed the Call to Covenant Community and are seeking or open to a new call, please contact Executive Director Brian Ellison.
Riviera Presbyterian Church
Riviera Presbyterian Church is a spiritual community engaged in joyful worship, transforming education, and active service reflecting the path of Christ. All we do flows out of our identity as children of God in Christ. We are drawn together in worship and praise. We interpret the Bible in a relevant, contemporary way remaining progressive in spirit and anchored in Christ’s teachings. We understand that inclusivity and active service to others are appropriate responses to Christ’s teachings. We use our people, building and money wisely to make a significant impact in our community. We enjoy our life together and celebrate with friendship, fun and food. We honor our heritage, applying its lessons creatively in present circumstances as we move toward an open future.
Information posted 7/28/14.
Newport Presbyterian Church
Newport seeks an Interim Pastor to serve beginning in September or October 2014.
We are a progressive witness within a theologically diverse community, welcoming all who desire to follow Christ. Worship is pivotal in the life of our congregation. Preaching from the Bible that is both prophetic and pastoral; use of the lectionary; a vital and varied music ministry; and an emphasis on liturgy, the sacraments, and reformed theology characterize our services of worship. Strong lay leadership, partnerships in mission, and spiritual and theological growth are hallmarks here. So, too, are our long-standing commitments to nurture all of our congregation, to care for and support each other, and to build a church that reflects the generosity, justice, hospitality, and grace of God.
The full Position Description is available on our website at http://www.newportpres.org/newport/index.php/interim.
Information posted 7/2/14.
Providence Presbyterian Church
Providence Presbyterian Church is a diverse, multi-cultural church of 130 members in Providence, RI. We believe that the Church is called to reflect the kingdom of God which embraces all believers. We invite, accept and welcome into our membership and leadership people who differ by age, race, ethnic background, sexual orientation, family status, economic situation and theological viewpoint. This diverse group energetically and cooperatively participates in the life of this congregation, its mission and leadership. Worship is central to our lives and is motivating for everything we do. We seek to serve Jesus Christ through outreach and mission projects, so that we can be a congregation in service as well as in worship.
View our MIF: 10939.AEO.
Information posted 6/12/14.
Southminster Presbyterian Church
Pastor/Head of Staff
Southminster Presbyterian Church is a welcoming More Light church, dedicated to social activism. The invitation to share in our journey comes with open hearts and minds. We seek a progressive pastor who celebrates our questions, embraces our passions, inspires our spirits and challenges us to think deeper, harder and more radically about how we can better express God’s unconditional love for the world. You, perhaps?
Please view our Mission Information Form for additional details about our community and the position.
If you are currently ordained in the Presbyterian Church, you will need to submit your Personal Information Form (PIF) to the Church Leadership Connection System, and self-refer to the Southminster Presbyterian Church position opening.
Information posted 5/20/14.
Fairmount Presbyterian Church
Cleveland Heights, OH
Director of Spiritual Formation
Fairmount Presbyterian Church in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, is searching for a faithful individual to coordinate the spiritual formation of our children and adults. Full-time position with competitive salary and health benefits. Fairmount is a vibrant community of 800 members, nestled in the heart of Cleveland’s cultural center, that is adaptive in response to the changing needs of our members and community. We are a staff that works together to ensure that everyone knows they are loved and claimed by God.
Information posted 5/17/14.
St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church
St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church is a welcoming, inclusive congregation of 200 members in Tucson, Arizona. We are called by Jesus Christ to be a joyful faith community that celebrates God’s love, transforms lives and is a force for justice in the world. St. Mark’s has been a More Light church for the past seven years and we are dedicated to the full inclusion of LGBTQA people in the life of the church. Our congregation has a rich history of social justice work; over the years we have been involved with advocacy on the issues of migrant rights, full day kindergarten, poverty, racial equality, and more. We hope our new pastor will guide us as we serve the people around us, build community as a church, and seek a deeper spiritual life together.
Send your PIF or resume to [email protected]. MIF #00069.
Information posted 1/28/14.
To add your church’s Church Information Form to this list, please contact Tricia Dykers Koenig.
- Richard L. Baker, Jr. has been called as Pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Dayton, OH, beginning in August 2014. He was most recently Theologian-in-Residence and Senior Associate Pastor for Spiritual Life at Second Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis, IN.
- The Presbyterian Church in Geneva, NY, has called Transitional Pastor Deborah Lind-Schmitz to be the installed Pastor.
- Jennifer Suydam joined the staff of Collegiate Presbyterian Church in Ames, IA, in July 2014 as the Campus Minister.
- Joel C. Strom, ordained in June 2014, is serving as Associate Pastor for Youth at Towson Presbyterian Church.
- David Rice began service as Pastor of First Presbyterian Church, Wooster, OH, in June 2014. He was formerly in Anniston, AL.
- The new Pastor of the Church of the Covenant in Cleveland, OH, is Amy Starr Redwine. She was most recently Associate Pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Akron.
- Knox Presbyterian Church in Cincinnati has called Adam Fronczek as Pastor, beginning July 2014. He has served Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago as Associate Pastor.
- The new Pastor of Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago is Shannon Johnson Kershner, beginning May 1, 2014. She comes from Black Mountain (NC) Presbyterian Church.
- First United Presbyterian Church in Troy, NY, has called the Reverend Gusti Linnea Newquist as Pastor, beginning in February 2014.
- Central Presbyterian Church in Atlanta has called the Rev. Michelle Mikyung Hwang to the position of Associate Pastor for Christian Education and Spiritual Formation, beginning in February 2014.
- Montclair Presbyterian Church in Oakland, CA has called the Rev. Ben Daniel as Pastor, beginning in March 2014. His previous pastorate was at Foothill Presbyterian Church in San Jose.
- Beginning in January 2014, the Pastor of St. Mark Presbyterian Church, Newport Beach, CA, is the Rev. D. Mark Davis. He comes from Heartland Presbyterian Church in Clive, IA.
- The new Associate Pastor at St. Philip Presbyterian Church in Houston is Keatan King, a recent graduate of Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary.