The Covenant Network encourages churches engaged in a pastor search to make full use of the PCUSA’s Church Leadership Connection and of their presbytery’s Executive Presbyter, Stated Clerk, and Committee on Ministry.
The following congregations that share Covenant Network’s vision of the church have openings on their pastoral staffs. Their Pastor Nominating Committees are particularly interested in considering candidates with a faithfully inclusive understanding of the church’s ministry and mission. Recommendations and self-referrals may be addressed to the PNC Chair.
Note to pastors: If you would also like to be part of our confidential file of pastors who have affirmed the Call to Covenant Community and are seeking or open to a new call, please contact Executive Director Brian Ellison.
Mount Auburn Presbyterian Church
Pastor/Head of Staff
Mt. Auburn Presbyterian Church is searching for a solo pastor/head of staff to lead our committed progressive congregation. A longtime advocate for full inclusion in our denomination, Mt. Auburn would like a Teaching Elder who is able, with our lay leadership, to guide us on our spiritual path and purpose. Interested candidates may apply online through the PCUSA website.
Information posted 5/4/16.
First Presbyterian Church
Interim Pastor/Head of Staff
First Presbyterian Church of Titusville is seeking a second interim pastor following a 42-year pastorate. We are passionate about our community. If you are a trained interim with skills in conflict resolution who can help us move forward in our mission to reach out in the name of Jesus Christ, please be in touch.
MIF #: 09761.AB0
Information posted 1/4/16.
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Pastor/Head of Staff
Westminster Presbyterian Church in beautiful Charlottesville, Virginia seeks experienced Head of Staff to lead a vibrant, progressive congregation of 600 in our shared faith journey. Founded in 1939 to minister to University of Virginia students and faculty, our congregation has a passion for thought-provoking preaching, and a tradition of inclusivity and advocacy for social justice. Come be part of our growth and help us share God’s grace and love in a complex world.
Information posted 10/28/15.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church
Immanuel Presbyterian Church in McLean, VA is seeking a full-time associate pastor. The AP will provide leadership to increase membership, integrate members and prospective members into the ministry of Immanuel, coordinate adult education opportunities, and support our international and local missions. The AP will be a generalist and have opportunities to grow in that role by preaching, serving, and participating in the life of the church.
Email PIFs/Resumes to [email protected].
Director of Christian Education for Children and Youth
Immanuel Presbyterian Church in McLean, VA is seeking a full-time director of Christian education for children and youth. The DCE will work with children and youth and their families, recruit and train volunteers and coordinate curriculum. View the job description and learn more about our church at IPCMcLean.org.
Information posted 5/20/15.
To add your church’s Church Information Form to this list, please contact Tricia Dykers Koenig.
- The new Pastor of the Presbyterian – New England Congregational Church of Saratoga Springs, NY, is the Rev. Kate Forer, who began her ministry with the congregation in April 2016.
- Rocky Supinger, who had been serving Claremont (CA) Presbyterian Church, has been called by Fourth Presbyterian Church, Chicago, as Associate Pastor for Youth Ministry, beginning February 1, 2016.
- Faith Presbyterian Church, Austin, TX, has called its Transitional Pastor, Kyle Walker, as installed Pastor.
- Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church in Denver has called Clover Beal as Lead Pastor for Congregational Life, beginning in September 2015. Clover had been serving as Associate Pastor of Forest Hill Church, Presbyterian, in Cleveland Heights, OH.
- Rebekah Abel Lamar began ministry as Associate Pastor for Christian Formation at Idlewild Presbyterian Church in Memphis in August 2015.